Although there is no command in the New Testament about Tithing, there are principles of giving Christians ought to follow. Just because the New Testament does not teach tithing doesn't mean we will not give. It doesn't excuse us from not giving. In fact, the giving in the New Testament has a higher percentage than the Tithe required by the law. In addition, the freedom of giving in the New Testament as opposed to the Law of tithing in the Old Covenant is far liberating. No wander Paul calls it, the Grace of Giving!
HOW WE SHOULD GIVE
Greg B. Fernandez Jr.
Phnom Penh Church (PPC)
1. Give Privately ( Matthew 6: 3-4)
2. Give Voluntarily (2 Corinthians 9: 7a)
3. Give Willingly (2 Corinthians 9: 7b)
4. Give Cheerfully (2 Corinthians 9: 7c)
5. Give Regularly (1 Corinthians 16: 1-2)
6. Give Individually (1 Corinthians 16: 2)
7. Give Proportionally (1 Corinthians 16: 2)
8. Give Generously (2 Corinthians 8:1-2)
9. Give Sacrificially (2 Corinthians 8: 3)
Click the following link to view the powerpoint presentation of my sermon outline.